Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday at UNCW

Spent the day at UNC-W working with students on squeak. It was fun, but when the students were able to work with GPS systems it got tiring. We ending up spending a couple hours outside in the heat, covering over 5 miles of the campus. Yeah, it was neat letting them see the campus and go through the buildings....but I wasn't prepared! I had a skirt and sandals on!!! So yes, my feet hurt!
.......................
I e-mailed the person in charge of the Dog Jog and asked if this race was more of a "normal" 5K or if it were meant for people to run with their dogs. I'm going to run with Harley-Man I think.
Another neat race is the Summer of Love 5 Miler around the lake. There is like a mini party afterwards at the Wilmington Athletic Club with some type of band playing Led Zeppelin music. Sounds neat??
....................
I'm planning on running tonight, but it has to be on the treadmill because it appears the bottom is going to fall out again this evening. It was raining as I was leaving UNC-W today.

No comments: