Thursday, December 2, 2010

Marathon Training: Day 23 - 38 days to go

Before I even left home to go run I was dreading it with a capital D! Bundled up and Scott and I headed to Hugh McRae Park...the only good think at the time, cause I love to run there.

Started out a little slow, hoping to warm up the heel and calf, then began to pick up the pace a little. My heel didn't hurt at all, but my calf was a little tight feeling. As I kept running, the calf felt a little better, and eventually got about 85% okay.

As we kept runnning I kept looking at the average pace on my watch. I noticed it kept getting better and better. Then, it became a game with me because I wanted to see how low I could get my pace.

I was definitely running this distance out of my comfort zone. But, I did it!!!!! Did 5 miles in 43 minutes

M1: 9:18
M2: 8:46
M3: 8:25
M4: 8:20
M5: 8:09

No comments: