Thursday, November 25, 2010

Marathon Training: Day 16 - 45 days to go

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Scott and I got up and did our own Turkey Trot this morning. We knew we needed to get 8 miles in today so we headed downtown. We decided to run a little difference area this morning.

We parked on Market Street and ran up to the YMCA where we saw others finishing up the Y's Turkey Trot. We hung a left and then ran back up Chestnutt heading towards downtown. What a great area Chestnutt Street is....finally finishing up mile 5, we stopped at the car. I needed some water and needed to shed some clothing...geez...for some reason it was so freaking warm this morning. It seemed unusually warm to me.

We headed back towards downtown, as I'm running in my sportsbra now...yes, I was getting some looks. As we pass 3 men, Scott says "you just made their day"..I laughed and we kept on gettin' it!

Winding through downtown and all the hills possible it seemed, finally we made it to mile 8! DONE!!!! So, now I've burnt enough calories to not feel so guilty about filling my belly full!

As you can see miles 1 - 5 we had a pace of about 9:18...pretty good...then we lost 4 miles at the car, so miles 6-8 don't look so smashing...

M1: 9:32
M2: 9:10
M3: 9:19
M4: 9:16
M5: 9:15
M6: 12:53...stopped at the car for about 4 minutes
M7: 9:47
M8: 8:57...yeah....under 9 minute mile after running 8 :)

Our average moving pace was 9:25, but with the stop we finished with a 9:45 pace. I'll still take it!!!!

No comments: